Movie dates are often a good choice because it gives you time to think about what to do after the movie. I mean, after all you have to be flexible depending on how well each of you enjoyed the movie.
Primarily, the movie date is great because the responsibility of maintaining conversation is significantly reduced, and you’re free to just be near each other. You can use your peripherals to check her out and her reactions without staring. Plus, when the movie is over, it’ll give you a chance to talk about the film, if nothing else is coming to mind. One strange phenomena about first date movies is that bad movies are actually better conversation stimulators than good ones. A bad movie can provide the grist for several animated discussions on the movie night itself, and on other days.
After selecting the movie to see, you will likely what some sort of snack and refreshment. Although it is hard to do, try to stay away from popcorn and soda pop. Most guys eat popcorn like pigs, and that will not leave a lasting good impression. Soda will make you belch, which is also not a something your date will brag about later. Better to go with a candied treat like M&M's or Smarties. For a drink, consider iced tea or fruit juice. If nothing else, these latter choices will show that you are not an inside the box thinker.
There are obviously movies that will put her in a romantic mood, and maximize your chances at first base. The first thing you should do is to ask her what she likes, and go from there. Scary movies are good, but not gory movies. You want her jumping and grabbing you, not vomiting into the licorice bag.
Three examples of good first date movies would have been:
1. Comedy –Adam Sandler has an amazing ability to pull off comedy with romantic interest in most of his movies.
2. Drama – Some of the Victor Hugo classics like Les Miserables, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, or Tale of Two Cities. I do not know how he does it, but the movies always seem to have an optimistic and upbeat ending, even while the subject matter is based on tragedy and misery by and large.
3. Romance – Princess bride – The perfect first date movie. Got me my first boob squeeze in the back of a theatre to this film.
That being said, here are some examples of first date movies that would classify as a bad idea:
Stay away from anything where someone dies at the end (unless of course the person that dies is the villain)! These would be examples of BAD choices:
1. Holocaust Movies – Schindler’s List – Nothing involving the holocaust, if possible. Human tragedy tends to fizzle make-out opportunities.
2. Sob Stories – Brian's Song – great movie – sucks for a first date though.
3. Adventure Movies – Spaghetti Western Series from Clint Eastwood – just bad choices overall, and he is too good looking. You would just diminish by comparison to him.
And for god’s sakes, don’t take her to a porn theatre! Sure, it gets your intentions across, but it’s a little strong for a first date. Watch Taxi Driver to see what happens when you try to pull that one on an unsuspecting young lady. Taxi Driver, by the way, would have been a bad choice for a first date movie.
Choose wisely and have fun!
For more great advice, check out this link:
Relationship Advice For Men
Advice for Men, Dating Advice, First Date Advice, First Date, First Date Romance